Featured Post

HeathcoteTech has moved!

HeathcoteTech has moved! Scarsdale students are now building blogs on the CampusPress platform. CampusPress is a managed service that uses...

Sunday, August 30, 2015

A reflection & look ahead

As the 2015-2016 school year rapidly approaches I realize I neglected to post a few things at the end of the year. The first being a Capstone recap, which I am working on. The second, a reflection.

This is a quick look back on 2014-2015 as the sun sets on summer and dawn of a new school year approaches...


2014-2015 was awesome. It was my first year as a teacher in Scarsdale (my bio is here) and it was a bit of a whirlwind experience. Not being hired until 4 days before the first day, and never having stepped foot in Heathcote before that first day, can certainly make one's head swim a bit. Once the year got underway and I got my feet under me I got to work with amazing students, and their teachers, and they created some great projects. The Spring Update post has the majority of the projects we did. Once May hit it was all Capstone. And Capstone rocked. Students interviewed experts in a wide range of fields, visited amazing related sites, and created impressive projects from Ignite presentations to iMovies (the Capstone re-cap is coming soon). Those last two months went faster than the first two, and my head was swimming almost as much. But it was awesome. Seeing the students research, explore, create, iterate, innovate, and be passionate about their topics and projects was amazing to be around.

2014-2015 was a great school year. I am thankful for the opportunity to join the Scarsdale team and Heathcote community. I am grateful for all the students and efforts on the lab, and beyond, in their technological endeavors. Leaving New York City was a difficulty decision, but after my first year at Heathcote I know for certain I made the right move.

As the 2015-2016 school year begins I am looking forward to the students, and their teachers, pushing the boundaries of technology and our equipment to create even more amazing projects this year. Last year was great, but I think we can do better. I can't wait to get back, fire up the lab, and get students in exploring, creating, iterating, innovating, and sharing their awesome with the world.

2015-2016, lets get it started!



No comments:

Post a Comment