Featured Post

HeathcoteTech has moved!

HeathcoteTech has moved! Scarsdale students are now building blogs on the CampusPress platform. CampusPress is a managed service that uses...

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Koko's Kitten by 2H and 2O

Recently, two Second Grade classes, Ms. Higgins and Ms. Onofri, read Koko's Kitten by Dr. Francine Patterson. 

To extend the experiences and add a technology component we decided to let both classes work in layered partnerships to create their own reflections on Koko's Kitten as a group book. Students worked in teams of two to create a "page" of this new book. Both classes came to the lab simultaneously and each student partnership worked on a single computer, using a single Google Slide. Once each student partnership was finished with their page they were all printed out and the class partnership built an amazing bulletin board to showcase this collaborative reflection on Koko's Kitten.

The board looks amazing...





Both Ms. Higgins and Ms. Onofri did amazing work to bring their classes together to create this broad reflection. To have both classes in the lab, at the same time, with students working in teams truly embodied what it means to be collaborative and reflective. Kudos to both teachers and all the students for their amazing work!


Be sure to check out the book on the wall outside the Main Office. 


30 comments:

  1. Good job on those slides

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow interesting project 2-O and 2-H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great job 2nd graders!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great job 2-O and 2-H! Interesting project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how we did partners. And we all worked hard on it. I even like how
    two partners made a story about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked doing Koko's Kitten project because I like doing projects about books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working together in this project was very very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how it looks on the board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun making the poster with partners

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see my koko paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love the book Koko's kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We tried our best. And worked really hard on it. It was really cool how we
    made the story's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was fun doing with partners.We worked very hard

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved working on it.it was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like koko a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned that Koko was adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this was a really cool project

    ReplyDelete
  18. I engoyed doing the koko proget.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learned that when you work with a partner you have to agree on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the book

    ReplyDelete
  21. We worked together with partners. We each typed some of what we agreed on writing and then we added pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved listening to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like when we worked together and get the picture out of google! I was really enjoying every bit of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  24. me and my partner had so mach fun. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The project was really fun but we had to go to the computer lab a lot because it took a ton of work. Who knew that koko had a kitten.

    ReplyDelete